Tuesday, June 21, 2011

12/12/10


Ah, the weekend

Posted Dec 12, 2010 1:48am
Today was a pretty sleepy day around the Pennington household. I woke up early enough, but stayed in bed for a while. Joe had somehow found his way into the bed last night, and felt pretty darn comfy snuggled up to me.
He's got a bit of a cold, and he tends to be more snuggly when he doesn't feel well. Of course, when someone is sick in the house, they stick pretty close to me, since Walt really shouldn't be exposed to any germs. We've been very lucky so far. I must admit that we do have hand-sanitizing stations strategically placed throughout the house. We normally mask up if someone has a cough or sniffle.
I can tell Walt's creatinine is rising as he sleeps a lot when both that and his BUN are elevated. He spent a good part of the day in the recliner, and I'll give him some slack for now, but next week, all bets are off. Back to work no excuses :o)
We did start the day cleaning, and when I say cleaning I mean we picked up yesterday's mess. By no means do I mean we scrubbed toilets, mopped floors or anything like that. There is just not enough energy for any of that right now. I figure we have the rest of this year to clean, heck we can take next year too. Not a priority for me.
Kasie continues to be the mature little girl - helping her little brother as much as she can (when she's in the mood). She's so looking forward to Christmas, I can tell this will be the last year for her believing but the spirit of Christmas will live on in our house for many, many years.
We expect Brad (our oldest) to come back 'home' at the beginning of the year. He earned his 2-year pin and received accolades from the group he works with. He's noted as being on speed dial for most of the supervisors. His contract is up and it's time for him to use the scholarship money he's earned on college. I'm very proud of his accomplishments. He attributes most of his skills and leadership to the things his dad taught him. Now, to follow in Dad's footsteps and become a Firefighter. Dad will be proud.
We leave tomorrow afternoon for Sacramento since we have to be at the facility where they do this procedure at 7:30 am. We'll spend the night in a hotel close to there. I'm kind of looking forward to a quiet evening away, even if it does involve a procedure the next day. Leaving the house at 4:30am is never something I look forward to unless I'm driving to Disneyland.
Here's to another quiet day!!
Much love ~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment