Tuesday, June 21, 2011

12/13/2010


procedure tomorrow

Posted Dec 13, 2010 12:36am
Walt goes in for his procedure tomorrow at 8:00 am. It's much like angioplasty where they go in through the leg and up to the kidney. They'll insert a coil to open the vessel so that blood can freely flow into the kidney. We are hoping that this should solve the elevated creatinine and BUN numbers. I say hope because nothing is for sure.
Walt and I just realized that out of the 4 times we've spent the night in this area (over the last 3 years or so)that we've been right across the street from the Governor's mansion. We went to 'Brew it up' which is a great brewery that makes fabulous burgers. Neither one of us drink but found it a bit uncomfortable to note that I was wearing my Sierra Nevada Brewery shirt. It smells awful outside and you can smell the brewing exhaust from about a block away.
I'll post updates tomorrow as he comes through the procedure, as well as when I get him home. I expect they will have him laying still a little longer since we live 2 hours away from the hospital.
Hope everyone sleeps well, I plan to!
~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment