Tuesday, June 21, 2011

12/15/2010


No new news

Posted Dec 15, 2010 11:26pm
The RN ordered stat labs yesterday, and Walt had a few things to do today, so his labs were late. He had a Dr. Appt with his PCP, needed to order some meds, and tried to pick some up from the pharmacy, pick up this child, pick up that child... so very busy trying to make up for the last few weeks of neglecting stuff.
We haven't received any news from the lab results as we expected, but since he didn't do his labs until about 1 pm or so, we figured we wouldn't hear anything until later tonight.
The last few weeks have taken quite a toll on us, all of us - kids included. We're functioning with less sleep than we need and we're hurrying up to wait and believe it or not, we've never been closer. Normally this kind of stress would make our house an angry circus but for some reason, we all have this resolve that we're going to get through it, and all come out in one piece.
We've tapered down the Holiday activities this year since we have all this other stuff going on - this is not the year any of us want to be sick, and big gatherings, outings and such are a great start to any cold/flu.
The kids were great about getting their flu shots this year. Walt can't have the flu shot so both the kids agreed to get the shots to make sure we don't infect Walt. I try to get one every year, but the first 'drop-in' flu clinic I found, Kasie and I rolled up our sleeves and got our shots.
So, for tomorrow we expect some results. I don't expect them to be good, so I don't think I'll be too surprised if they tell us his creatinine is up to 4.6 or so. I will be more interested in the lab results from Friday's labs. Of course, I'm not the doctor but I would think Friday's would be more insightful than today's. I guess that's why I didn't go to Medical school.
I hope you all are warm and dry, enjoying your families as much as I am enjoying mine.
~Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment