More about today
Posted Dec 18, 2010 1:38am
The kids had their yearly Holiday 'sing' at school today. Joe and his Kindergarten class sang and signed Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. It was adorable. The stage full of 5 year olds was quite a sight. Joe decided he wanted to wear a shirt and tie to school today instead of a Christmas sweater, so the shirt and tie it was. Who am I to crash a guy's style?
Kasie and the 4th grade class sang Feliz Navidad. She stood up there so tall and proud and not only sang every word but smiled the whole way through it. She is a performer I'll tell you! She got to wear high heals to school today (okay, they are actually a wedge but she felt pretty darn special).
Kasie and the 4th grade class sang Feliz Navidad. She stood up there so tall and proud and not only sang every word but smiled the whole way through it. She is a performer I'll tell you! She got to wear high heals to school today (okay, they are actually a wedge but she felt pretty darn special).
As my earlier post shows, the creatinine level is increased to 5.9. He's up almost 2 full points since last Monday when the procedure was done. I'm not sure if this is completely expected or not. I know we expected the increase but I don't know if it was more than what's in the expected range. The BUN has climbed also up to 67 which is about 3x what it should be. Phosphorus is climbing as well, these are all very clear signs of kidney failure. But, the one Nephrologist who is normally ready to admit Walt at the slightest temperature change said 'we wait'. I'm not sure if they are watching the numbers closely thinking they will go down, or trying to push the envelope so that any type of treatment is put off until after Christmas. I'm sure it's not the latter since they are trying to protect his health. But of course, I always wonder.
I have to hand it to Walt, he is staying steady and strong. I can tell his is disappointed at all the results and is doing everything he can to turn this thing around. He's always been such a trooper, not complaining about the poking and prodding. He takes his meds like he should and makes the adjustments as told. He's putting on a very strong positive presence and I admire that so much. I am reminded every day why I married him.
We decided that given the news we got today, we needed to cheer ourselves up and go searching for Christmas displays. We saw some pretty houses but nothing spectacular to note. It's obvious that the economy has many people cutting back. We do go to one house that combines music to the lights and it's just an amazing display. In pure Pennington fashion, we showed up at 9:10 and the display stops at 9:00. We will try again tomorrow.
Anyway, that's all I have for tonight.
~Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment